Saturday, January 8, 2011

in hindsight




i found these scans today of a large drawing that i sent to adam's sister nikki back in feb. of 2008. man, i loved that drawing. i was so careful with it. deliberate... you can tell by the deep indentations of pen, how thick the prismacolor is.

here's a quick merge of them in photoshop so you can see the composite...




looking back, i wish i'd sent it to someone else. who needed it more, and who would have appreciated it better.

it's been a week for regrets, i tell you what.

4 comments:

  1. that's prismacolor? wow - you should design album covers and storybooks on a regular basis - i remember your idea of a graphic novel based on that apocalypse trip - that's a damn good idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! Well, prismacolor and ballpoint pen, and sharpie. And I think the purple around the flower is chalk pastel.

    I'm glad you think it's a good idea, so do I. Otherwise I might not have suggested it, but the whole time I was reading it, I just remember thinking about how crucial the imagery was in telling the story, and that everything was something that would be awesome to draw. I know I'd definitely have fun with it, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just for the record the picture was very much appreciated, not just by Nikki but the rest of the family. It's still one of my favourite pieces in the house (but don't tell Nikki that)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, well I'm so glad. I didn't mean to sound like it wasn't appreciated, I'm sure it was. I just remembered that I had promised a piece like that to someone else like a year before. S'not like I can't make another! (p.s. I'm still kind of cranky at my mother for not sending you the shark picture, she kept it because it's one of her very favorites. lol)

    ReplyDelete